Living arrangement options
- Personal home
- Seniors' building
- Are you physically fit?
- Is a network of friends available?
- How are finances?
- What community services are available, e.g., Meals on Wheels?
|Sharing a home |
- Are renovations necessary?
- Are any tax credits available for renovations?
- Is a roommate relationship appropriate?
- Retirement homes
- Long-term care
- What services are offered?
- Do you have references from people who’ve used the facility?
- What are the costs?
- Retirement homes are generally paid for by the individual, while government funding is sometimes available for long-term care facilities.